So I’m kind of an obsessive, impulsive list-maker (anyone else?), and have realized my list of tags I’ve been tagged in is getting out of hand. So I should probably start spamming you all with these miscellaneous posts before the list gets any more monstrous! I was tagged by Joey (he cool, cheque him) to explore The Ultimate (is it really the ultimate one though?) Book Tag!
Now onto the tag!
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Not at all! When I was younger most of my reading was done in the car when my dad would pick me to and from school, and even when I took the bus!
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I’d say Faulkner. Or Shakespeare. Or Catullus. Shakespeare pretty much made his own literature. And the only novel I’ve read by Faulkner was As I Lay Dying, which had so much stream of consciousness I was terribly confused at times. And I took Latin for 4 years, and to this day Catullus’s poetry in Latin is ridiculous (I mean most Roman poets ignored spelling/grammar to meet the meter at times, but this guy practically disregarded all rules)!
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
I read Twilight when I was in middle school, and liked it then. So I’m not a total Twilight fan or hater. But, of course, Harry Potter beats Twilight!
Because for obvious reasons:
1. I like the writing better
2. There’s magic
3. One word: Hogwarts
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
Is this supposed to be like Youtube gurus’ “What’s in My Bag” but for book bloggers? Anyway, I have the usual boring school stuff like a calculator, notebooks, pens, etc. I also never leave without my wallet and headphones.
5. Do you smell your books?
Not usually. I do like the smell of new books though, and I find the smell of bookstores divine (smell of books+brewing coffee=heaven).
6. Books with or without little illustrations.
I tend to like them in high/epic fantasies, like with illustration of kingdoms or maps. And it’s kind of a must in manga or graphic novels (so in those too).
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
I have a lot of those since I started to read later in my childhood. Twilight is one of them. And other ya paranormal books that featured insta-love or love pentagons.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Not really. I have an interesting but unfortunate fact though: My copy of HP and the Order of Phoenix made a great tumble down a flight of stairs when I was in middle school. It still pains me to this day to look at it.
9. What is the tinniest book on your shelf?
I actually answered this on last month’s Exploring My Bookshelves post. Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
This too was covered in the post mentioned above. Definitely Hugo’s Les Miserables.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
The most writing I do is for this blog and school. I think it’s fun, but I don’t have a great aptitude for it. I’ve never seen myself as an author. I think I enjoy reading the works of others more. It’s less work. 😄
12. When did you get into reading?
2007, when HP and the Deathly Hallows was released.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
It’s between Steinbeck’s East of Eden or Austen’s Pride and Prejudice.
14. In school what was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Wait, what? I don’t quite understand this question… If it’s asking me what my best subject was. It’s pretty much the sciences, physics to be specific.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
I’d kindly accept it, and probably give it to someone who hasn’t read it and would enjoy it.
16. (Apparently Question 16 was supposed to be here, but now it’s disappeared?)
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
Overall, I’d consider my blog a book blog… but so far, there’s so few reviews (I swear I do like to read, I just have a hard time to do so with school) and so many tags/memes. Oh well.
18. What is your favorite word?
Pandemonium or ephemeral.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Is it bad I don’t know what dweeb means? I think I’m a nerd.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires are cool, but so far, all the vampire series I’ve read have been quite unoriginal (the vampire is beautiful, lures prey, prey falls in love with said vampire, and forbidden love is born). I’d say fairies, they can be considered ethereal and kind or wicked and dark.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels. I don’t really have a reason other then there are a certain race of humans with angel blood called shadowhunters in the fictional world. And I think they’re cool and total badbutts.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
I don’t really care for either?
23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Uhh. I don’t know.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Neither if possible. But if I had to choose, I rather read about the love triangle than the forbidden love. I’ve had enough of Romeo and Juliet, thank you.
25. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
The action with some romance book option!
(And why is there 22 questions? That’s a weird place to stop…) Update 4/4/15: I totally butchered the number on my original post.
And I tag these people –
I tried to find all the book bloggers I followed that read fantasy/paranormal/young adult books since a lot of the questions pertain to those readers more. And I also limited (I know it doesn’t seem like I did) to tagging blogs that have one owner/blogger to make this simpler…
- Alysyn @Reinreads
- Analee @Book Snacks
- Andrea @Dre Reads
- Ashley Lynn @Dreaming Through Literature
- Briana @Pages to Pictures
- Cristian @The Bookish God
- Eliza @The Bookish Universe
- Emma @Badgers Love Books Too
- Erika @Erika the Bibliophile
- Honya @Honyasbookshelf
- Jessica @Novel Infatuatus
- Justin @Just Harping on Libros
- Kath@The Last Reader
- Kelly @Dancing Through the Pages
- Khloud @A Bookworm’s Rambling
- Kimberly @Come Hither Books
- Kristen @Turn the Page
- Laura @This Delicate Thing We’ve Made
- Leanna @Short Story Long
- Maca @Books Are My Lovers
- Maria @Big City Bookworm
- Marie @Drizzle and Hurricane Books
- Marisa @Dreaming Out Loud
- Meredith @Merely Creative
- Nicola @The Prattle of Hastings
- Phyllis @Teaming With Books
- Poulami @Daydreaming Books
- Risabella @The Book Rizponse
- Rita @Books & Stuff
- Sam @Book Beat
- SERIESous Book Reviews
- Shotobhisha @Confessions of a Bibliophile
- Shannon @For the Love of Words
- Shelby @Bookish Royalty
- Tara @You Know Not What We May Be
- Thuong @I Read Therefore I Am
- Tiffany @I Was Angelized_1st
- Trisha Ann @The Bookgasm
- Victoria @Addlepates and Book Nerds
Wow, I can’t believe I just tagged all 39 book blogs I follow. Anyway, I hope you all had a great Friday! 🙂