Hi everyone! I’m sorry for being absent these days, but I promise to get back into the routine of posting. Lately, I’ve fallen into a newly discovered abyss called Netflix ever since the Spring semester has ended. I literally finished four seasons of Nikita and caught up to some other shows I’ve neglected since college started including Sherlock, Big Bang Theory, and Modern Family. So I have read nothing in the past week, but I will post a book review hopefully sometime soon! Hang in there with me!
So since I haven’t been reading, I thought I’d catch up on some overdue tags and awards I’ve had in the queue, one of them being the Versatile Blogger Award! I don’t even feel like I deserve this since my blog isn’t that versatile in terms of content, but thanks all the same to these brilliant bloggers: Alysyn, Maria, Shintobhisha, Erika, Joyce, Bea, Evy, and Trey.
The Rules –
(they change as this award is passed on from blogger to blogger apparently…)
- Thank the person who gave you this award — of course.
- Include a link to their blog. They deserve to have some credits too.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
(I think I’ll be going with these latter rules)
- Nominate 15 other bloggers relatively new-ish to blogging (some of my nominees have been blogging longer than I have)
- Let the bloggers know that you’ve nominated them
- Share 10 random facts about yourself (I don’t think you guys know me that well so 10 facts instead of 7)
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your post
10 Facts About Me –
(open the links if you have time, you won’t regret it)
- My favorite colors are blue and white, but purple sure has grown on me over the past years. (It almost feels obligatory to add your fav color in these random facts, haha.)
- Other than books, I also really love music, food, and sleep.
- I am a vegetarian… but only have been for 5 years. So I’m a relatively recent convert.
- My friends know me to be a huge health freak, and I’ve started to exercise more in these last years. And one of my friends recently got me into watching soccer/football the past year and my favorite club is Barcelona.
- I also really love animals. One of my best experiences was petting a dolphin last year. They’re easily my favorite marine animal. My favorite domestic pet are dogs and my favorite farm animal are goats. (Don’t ask why I have a favorite animal in different categories and subcategories.)
- Aside from being a student, I also work as a nail technician in a nail salon. It’s been really fun, haha.
- Since I’m always preoccupied with school, work, and books, I’m pretty much out of the loop when it comes to movie references. I’m not that big on movies and haven’t watched that many. So I’ve been making up for it lately.
- Despite the last fact, I do have favorite actors/actresses. Most of them happen to be British though, haha. I adore Benedict Cumberbatch (yes, I am a Cumbercookie) and Keira Knightley. I also recently developed a crush on Maggie Q after watching Nikita.
- In terms of American music, I really love OneRepublic, All Time Low, Paramore, Mayday Parade, and We the Kings. But on the other spectrum, I really enjoy K-Pop as well, but I mostly keep up with only EXO and Lunafly. I also listen to a ton of other diverse music, like Shreya Ghoshal, Khalil Fong, and Jay Chou. My favorite composers are Joe Hisaishi and Chopin.
- And my last random fact: My name is Summer but I was actually born in the winter. The irony.
I nominate these cool bloggers –
(like all award nominations, hover over your link for a message!)
- Alicia @Caffeine and Books
- Briana @Pages to Pictures
- Carolyn @A Hundred Thousand Stories
- Chooi and Shingie @Read, Think, Ponder
- Eliana and Lydia @The Written Opinion
- Kristi @Hidden Staircase
- Lissa @Live. Laugh. Read
- Marisa @Dreaming Out Loud
- Samona @Beauty & Books
- Shelumiel @Bookish and Awesome
- Thuong @I Read Therefore I Am
I seriously follow so many awesome bloggers (I follow exactly 99 blogs at the moment, haha) and have made so many awesome and supportive friends though wordpress in these past months. I really would nominate you all, but I thought I’d give this chance to new bloggers I’ve recently met, followed, and/or want to get to know more. It took me a long while to check, but all the nominees I chose haven’t been nominated for this award before and have a certain amount of followers. (This explains why I only chose 11 instead of 15 blogs, most of the bloggers I follow have already been nominated for this in the past.)
Again sorry for the long absence this past week! Hope y’all are all doing well!