Hi! I was tagged by Shelby @Bookish Royalty, one of my first WP friends when I started Xingsings, to do The Harry Potter Tag. I think Shelby is currently on hiatus and offline, but thank you Shelby! Gosh, this tag was long overdue.
As some of you guys know I’m a huge Harry Potter fan. Consequently, I unconsciously talk about HP in almost all of my posts (I searched “HP” on my blog and 12 posts came up, LOL). So I thought before I get into these questions I’d share with you my HP story and how I got into the series-in case, some of you are new to this blog and don’t know of it.
I’ve never been much of a reader and it was that way for the majority of my childhood. It wasn’t until the summer before 5th grade, when I was eleven and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was released did I enjoy reading. (My dad’s smart logic was to get me the most hyped book of the summer. It worked though!) But yes, I ended reading the last HP book first. Naturally, I was hooked… and so confused. So I ended buying my paperback box set and breezing through those in two weeks, which was mighty fast for a non-bookworm now that I think about it. Therefore, you can say HP was the magical turning point in my childhood, in regards to reading that is.
Now that I’m older and have reread HP many times, I have found parts to not awe me as easily. However I still believe the HP books are timeless reads that any reader at any age should give go if they haven’t already-or you can just watch the movies, up to you. Speaking of movies, since I joined the fandom later I’m totally guilty of watching the movies prior to reading the books as well…
But yeah. I thought I’d share that because it only seemed appropriate in this post. Plus, this’ll become an easy post to find if I every need to explain how HP changed my life. LOL. So onto the questions!
1. Favorite book?
I think this is an unpopular opinion but Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix. It’s been a couple of years since my last HP reading marathon so I can’t pinpoint exactly what made me like this book over the others but I did remember loving every minute of the adventure. (And I think I reread this one the most, one or two times more than the other installments.)
2. Favorite movie?
Goblet of Fire because I really liked how the games were portrayed. Also so many new characters made appearances such as Fleur and Viktor Krum.
3. Least favorite book?
I honestly can’t remember. However Chamber of Secrets was always my least favorite movie just because I was always uber creeped out by the ginormous snake. And Moaning Myrtle was pretty freaky too.
4. Parts of the books/movies that make you cry?
Books make me cry but movies? Gosh, there can be some seriously embarrassing waterworks going on. But to answer the question: definitely the moment when Sirius was killed. And Dobby. Reading those parts are sad but actually seeing them in motion picture made it so much more emotional and real.
5. Favorite character?
This is a hard one. I don’t think there is a character that I don’t like, well other than Voldemort but everyone doesn’t like him by default, I think. (I do admit he’s a great villain though.) I guess I’d choose between Luna and Tonks. Both are quirky and I really loved their roles with helping Harry’s journey.
6. What would your Patronus be?
A dolphin, because they’re one of my favorite animals and I don’t think a character in the books/movies has claimed it.
7. If you could have the Resurrection Stone, the Invisibility Cloak, or the Elder Wand, which one would you choose?
The Invisibility Cloak! I mean how cool would it be to be invisible?
8. What House would you be in?
Gryffindor, for sure! 😀
9. If you could meet any member of the cast, who would it be?
Emma Watson just because she’s so kind and pretty. From the interviews I’ve seen of her, she seems very down to earth and nice. And I love her voice/accent, lol.
10. If you were on the quidditch team, what position would you play?
I would want to play as a beater. It’d be fun to whack bludgers. It’s nice to have another teammate in the same position so he/she could help me; and as pitiful as it sounds, I don’t want to have all the blame if a member is hit by those scary fast-moving balls. 😄
11. Were you happy with the ending?
Like I mentioned above, my first HP book was Deathly Hallows so I don’t think it was as satisfying as if I read them in order and as long as other readers have. When I finished it, I had the security of knowing there were other installments for me to read and I was like “okay, time to read the others now!”
12. How much does Harry Potter mean to you?
Pretty important. I become instant friends with Potterheads.
I tag these Potterheads* –
- Aentee @Read at Midnight
- Analee @Book Snacks
- Ashley @Dreaming Through Literature
- Becky @Blogs of a Bookaholic
- Bhramori @Thecrazyperfectionist
- Bri @Find Me at the Library
- Carolyn @A Hundred Thousand Stories
- Cassandra @Life with Cassandra
- Chooi @Read, Think, Ponder
- Christina @Christina Writes
- Cristina @My Tiny Obsessions
- Dani @Dani Reviews Things
- Erika @Erika in Bookventureland
- Evi @Adventuring Through Pages
- Joey @Thoughts and Afterthoughts (I can’t remember if you said you’ve read these or not… I think you enjoyed the movies, right?)
- Kelly @Dancing Through the Pages
- Kimberly @Come Hither Books
- Kimsiang @LazyCaramelReads
- Kristi @Hidden Staircase
- Leanna @Short Story Long
- Poulami @Daydreaming Books
- Shelumiel @Bookish and Awesome (ARE YOU READING HP, YET?)
- Shotobhisha @Confessions of a Bibliophile
- Thuong @I Read Therefore I Am
- Tiffany @Daily Dose of Reality
- Trisha Ann @The Bookgasm
- Victoria @Addlepates and Book Nerds
- Yen @Little Calico’s Journal
- Zezee @Zezee with Books
- And YOU under one condition: you must be a fellow Potterhead and love the books and/or the films. 😉
*Okay, so it was really hard figuring out who was a fan of HP and who was not. I was prolonging this post because I wasn’t sure who I should tag and was waiting to discover some more Potterheads in the blogosphere. If I’ve explicitly talked about HP with you or you’re my friend on GR and you gave HP 4+ stars I identified you as Potterhead. Sorry for presuming anything-feel free to ignore this tag if it isn’t for you.
Okay, thanks for tuning in and have a nice Tuesday! 🙂