This was my first week back to school and, gosh, I’m already swamped with assignments. Since starting college I’ve always had a full load of sciences (meaning usually all my courses are the core sciences), but this spring I’m taking a history (of science and technology) and classics (Greek/Latin mythology) course. The majority of classes I took before had only three to five exams and homework that was not graded and was done at the students’ own benefit (but I didn’t do it all the time), so I’m finding that it’s crazy the amount of reading we have to do for the non-science classes I’m taking this time around. But hopefully the classics course will get me reading some classics and some other text I never got to in high school English and Latin classes. It’s going to be a lot of work I’m not used to but it should be fun nonetheless.
Anyway, I wanted to share an award post with you guys today. (Oh and this is a scheduled post. I literally have 20 scheduled posts in my queue to be published for the next couple of months. And if you guys didn’t already notice my disclaimer on the side of my blog, I wanted to say that I won’t be replying to comments as fast as I usually do because of school. But I’m still going to be blog hopping and trying to stay updated with all of your blogs as much as I can. I think that’s the best balance right now with my current schedule.)
Kind of like what happened with the my Liebster award posts, which really does seem ages ago, I didn’t think I’d be getting any more nominations. But I did! So I have these bloggers to thank: Trey at Trey Schnarr Books, Alex at Alextheshadowgirl, Khloud at A Bookworm’s Ramblings, and Matt at MatthewSean Reviews. Funny story with Trey… I actually told him that I wasn’t going to be doing another Versatile Blogger Award post since I already made one but since the others tagged me soon after that… I was like why not! So he’ll be showing up on both of my Versatile Blogger Award posts. XD
Note: This is a 2015 award, meaning I was first nominated in 2015. I’m just trying to go through all the awards and tags from my 2015 queue. But I am an tag/award free blog in that I won’t be doing any more tags/awards after I go through the 2015 drafts. Sorry for the confusion!
The Rules –
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select
15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those
15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link back to the post on your site announcing their nomination.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Oh gosh, well I sure didn’t remember the rules being so sassy, lol. XD
7 Facts About Me –
- I wear closed toe shoes year round. Even when it’s sweltering hot in the summer. When I was in the second grade (seven/eight years old) one of the nail technician in my dad’s salon accidentally stepped on my big toe and it got a infection. (No worries, it’s completely normal now.) Since then, I’ve had a fear of people stepping on my feet.
- Speaking of fears, along with people stepping on my toes and sharks, I have a fear of going to see the dentist. Thankfully, my family dentist is gentle… but I hate people prodding in my mouth and touching my teeth. Not to mention, bleeding in one’s mouth freaks me out terribly. When I was in 10th grade (roughly fifteen years old) I had this awful nosebleed when I was sleeping. It took me two hours at the doctor’s to drain all the blood between my nasal and sinus cavity.
- Another fear I have is sneezing while driving. Mainly because I tend to close my eyes in the seconds that the events happens. And that kind of worries me. XD (But yeah. Fear of dentist visits, fear of sharks, fear of sneezing while driving, and fear of public speaking. That’s about it; I think I’ve shared all of them with you!)
- Even though I have really bad vision, it’s likely you’ll never see me with my glasses on. (Apparently I have a certain type of astigmatism where it makes wearing contacts difficult, so I don’t wear those either.) Honestly, I’ve learned to adapt with the blurriness. I was four years old when I got my first glasses though. Pretty young, huh?
- As you guys know I really enjoy watching Asian dramas during my breaks and free time from school, but my absolute favorite Asian drama genre is historical/period shows. Perhaps I’m deluding myself with reasoning I’m learning from these shows (but I really do)! They’re often 50+ episodes, but I never get tired of them. They’re guilty pleasures, I guess.
- Quite random, but I’ve never been to a (American) football game which is kind of regarded as being sacrilegious since I’m from the south, where everyone is very attentive towards football (then again most of America is like that)! I’m more of an Olympics and World Cup fan. 😉
- And it’s not a true fact list if I don’t mention food… I love potatoes so, so much. I could eat them everyday for the rest of my life. In fact, I nearly eat at least one potato a day. We’re always stocked up on them at home because of me.
I Nominate –
Well, all of my usual blogger buddies have done this post (or it’s likely I already nominated them in my first Versatile Blogger Award post), so I’m just going to jump to the five bloggers I want to get know and genuinely think deserve this tag.
These all happen to be my Bookstagram buddies so I’ll be adding their gorgeous Instagram accounts next to their blog links.
- Cherry at Read Forevermore (@_forevermint)
- Jody at That One Girl Who Reads (@that_one_girl_who_reads)
- Kath at The Last Reader (@kath_reads)
- Michaela at Plentifulbooks (@plentifulbooks)
- Nicay at The Nerdy Side of the Queen (@queennicaybooks)
Thank you for tuning it. I hope you all have a nice day! 🙂