Hi! So it’s been a while since I’ve done a tag so I thought I’d post this one, the Would You Rather Book Tag. Two cuties, Casey @Inspired by the Page and Tasha @Head in the Clouds, Heart in the Books, tagged me; make sure to visit their blogs! Thank you both for tagging me, this looks like fun!
Alright, so onto the tag!
1. Would you rather only read trilogies or only read standalones?
I do tend to enjoy reading series a little more, but I find that contemporary reads are usually much better as standalones. I feel like I have a hard time investing in normal characters/storylines before I get bored when it comes to more realistic fiction. (This may just be me though, I love fantasy/paranormal a lot, haha.)
2. Would you rather only read male or female authors?
Why limit oneself? Both have interesting perspectives, and I find it really cool when a female writer writes a male MC (like Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, Albertalli must have had a difficult time writing not only a male protagonist but a gay one; I think her being female also made me even more pleasantly surprised and happy with the book) well and vice versa.
3. Would you rather shop at Barnes and Noble or Amazon?
I actually really don’t like Barnes and Noble. We have a lot of them here on the eastern U.S. coast but I really dislike their interior set up. It looks so… cluttered. There’s a lot of standing kiosks/table things with “best ya titles” or some kind of recommendation. They really distract me and always make me forget my original purpose for the bookstore trip, that may be the point though (they are sly). But ultimately, if this question is asking me if I prefer buying in store or online? I’d say in store, just because we should support our local bookstores if we can. Also, bookstores always have a Starbucks or cafe (I don’t drink coffee but I admit the smell is lovely; I usually opt for tea).
4. Would you rather books were made into TV shows or movies?
To be honest, I’m not a big movie/T.V. watcher (like the only show I’ve watched completely has been Nikita, I haven’t seen classic movies like Jurassic Park, etc.)? But I guess I’d choose movies since you invest less of your time with them. Plus, they’re not as addicting as shows. With shows you’re compelled to want to watch more (which is the point, haha), and I procrastinate enough as it is.
5. Would you rather read only 5 pages per day or 5 books per week?
Like everyone else who’s done this tag: WHAT TYPE OF QUESTION IS THIS?
6. Would you rather be a professional author or reviewer?
Definitely reviewer. I am not a great writer. At all. I enjoy trying to blog but I tend to keep writing in my life minimal (hence why I never took an English class ever again after high school). I do admire those of you all that write, read, and blog. That’s pretty awesome.
7. Would you rather be a librarian or a bookseller?
I’d choose bookseller just because I’d get wicked discounts!
8. Would you rather read only your favorite genre, or every other genre but your favorite?
I don’t particularly have a favorite genre but I do gravitate towards ya paranormal (gotta love those vampires). And I would hate myself if I had to read Erotica, so the former to answer the question.
9. Would you rather only read ebooks or physical books?
Physical copies, for sure. I do read ebooks sometimes but I mainly enjoy reading physical books just because they feel good in my hands and I like to actually flip the pages myself (sliding my finger of the screen seems lazy to me? I don’t know, my logic is failing me today). Also, I feel like I’m almost always on my laptop so not having to stare at an electronic screen while reading for pleasure is nice.
Wow, so how pointless! After looking at my answers, I feel like I didn’t choose a straight answer for some of them. I just kind of tiptoed around and was like “both” or “neither.” Regardless, I hope you all enjoyed! Thank you again, Casey and Tasha! And…
I tag these individuals –
Of course, feel free to ignore this if you’ve already done it!
- Alex @Alextheshadowgirl
- Analee @Book Snacks
- Becky @Blogs of a Bookaholic
- Cassandra @Life with Cassandra
- Erika @Erika the Bibliophile
- Joey @Thoughts and Afterthoughts
- Marie @Drizzle and Hurricane Books
- Miguel @The Quirky Reader
- Poulami @Daydreaming Books
- Raven @Dreamy Addictions
- Savindi @The Streetlight Reader
- Shelumiel @Bookish and Awesome
- Thuong @I Read Therefore I Am
- Trey @Trey Schnarr Books
- Trisha Ann @The Bookgasm
- Victoria @Addlepates and Book Nerds
- And YOU (if you’d like to participate)! 😀
Thanks for reading! ^.^